Better late than never! Here’s a list of our favorites from when Lila was Four months old. Drum roll please!1. Sassy Baby Books– These soft books feature a lot of black and white, which she loved. Then, once she was seeing color, you could tell, because she liked more of the pictures. Was fun to watch. They make excellent chew toys as well. One is even a photo album, where you can slip some photos in for her to look at.
2. Baby Einstein Take Along Tunes– This is her iPod. First, at three months she would stare at the lights and really get excited about one or two of the songs, and it was a great distraction for fussy times. Then it quickly become a favorite when she learned how to press the button and hold it by herself. Now, at seven months, she likes to chew the caterpillar handle.
3. Jaques the Peacock– His feathers crinkle, have different textures, a mirror, and a squeaker! Plus, he’s a cutie.
4. Oball Rainstick Ball- This ball is really light- she can kick it, throw it, and play pass with Daddy.
5. Sophie le Giraffe teether– A MUST HAVE. A rubber giraffe that squeaks. She loves chewing on the legs or ears. Sophie has remained a favorite to this day, now she even talks to her.
6. Johnson’s Baby Bedtime Lotion– We love this lotion because its very calming. Very bedtime appropriate. One more step in the beloved bedtime routine.
7. Fisher-Price Rainforest Jumperoo– Lila got this for Christmas, but we didn’t put it together for a few weeks (lack of space in our den!) Once she was holding her up pretty well, we decided to give it a try. She was so proud of her first bounce! Music is activated by bouncing, there are 2 options for music, and 2 volume levels, as well as OFF. 🙂 She still likes jumping in it at 7 months old, and only just now we have adjusted it to the next height setting. Supposedly it folds up, but I’m not sure how that happens. Probably more of a store-til-the-next-baby-comes folding, not lets-fold-this-up-when-people-come-over thing.
8. Sassy Rink of Links– She loves these. Great to link in a long chain in the beginning (swatting mode) and fun to chew on later. Even fun one link at a time. Buy lots of these!
9. Summer Infant Babytouch Color Video Monit0r– We waited until we were ready to start putting her in her crib to purchase. We love the night vision, and the battery lasts an acceptable amount of time. I read in the manual that you should keep it charging all the time, as that would drain battery life, but at night I like to have the screen on. So I keep it on the charging unit at night…yikes. FYI: the first couple of times I used it I was having “signal” issues, but these were quickly resolved by calling the manufacturer and then my internet company. Apparently, its a common problem that is easily fixed by having your internet “frequency” changed by your provider. It has worked like a charm ever since!
Hope all this makes sense. If you have any questions or suggestions to add, please comment below! All are welcome.